IAP2 is an international association
of members who seek to promote and improve the practice of public participation in relation to individuals, governments,
institutions, and other entities that affect the public interest in nations throughout the world. IAP2 carries out its
mission by organizing and conducting activities to:
For more on IAP2 visit the IAP2 website.
- Serve the learning needs of members through events, publications, and communication technology
- Advocate for public participation throughout the world
- Promote a results-oriented research agenda and use research to support educational and advocacy goals
- Provide technical assistance to improve public
The IAP2 Foundations
Tanya Burdett is a licensed
IAP2 trainer, and through Essential Planning Ltd is pleased to offer
training in public participation,
as part of the internationally recognised IAP2 Foundations in Public Participation.
to a growing demand
from the public participation community, IAP2 developed the official Foundations Program in Public Participation to provide
practitioners at all levels with a broad-based learning experience covering all the foundations of public participation. IAP2 Training provides useful and effective tools for communicating public participation concepts. Each course is designed to provide the fundamentals of public participation that practitioners
from around the world can use to implement customised and effective programs.
The IAP2 training program has been recognised by the Homes and Communities Agency in the United Kingdom as part of the HCA Academy recognition scheme.
From mid 2011, Essential Planning Ltd has delivered the course
in conjunction with hosts University of Westminster, London, UK; Temple Group, and Jacobs London,
Participants can undertake:
- Module 1 Planning, a prerequisite for:
- Module 2 Techniques for effective public participation,
- The full Foundations program, comprising both Modules 1-2 or
- The Decision Makers course, designed to explore public participation from a decision
makers perspective, and tailored to suit your organisations needs.
Foundations training has been delivered to over 17,000 people globally - for where see the IAP2 webpage.